Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - Mission RV Park, El Paso, TX

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - Mission RV Park, El Paso, TX

We slept with the windows open last night and both of us slept very well.  The temperature dropped to mid-50's and I've decided that is the perfect sleeping weather.  Something about sinking down in the covers when it's cold always makes me sleep better and Dean agrees.  In fact it was a little after 6 before I woke up. We didn't waste much time after coffee and breakfast in packing up and leaving Ms. G's.  We had a long drive ahead of us - 7 hours, even though we lost an hour by the clock shortly before we arrived in El Paso.  I told Dean I was just getting used to daylight savings time and now we fall back again.

A shout out to my Aunt Lil who brought Dean and I a little gift before leaving on our trip.  She makes these wonderful bowl holders - if you have something hot (soup) or cold (ice cream or cereal) they are great to hold your bowl while you are eating.  I tried mine out this morning and I LOVE IT!!!! Thank you Aunt Lil!!!  We love you!
Our bowl holder for really hot or really cold food items.  It works great!

We left at 8:45am and arrived at the park at 2:55pm (Mountain Time).  We are at Mission RV Park. It's a large RV Park right off the Interstate.  It's a packed dirt parking lot, with paved roads, and full- hookups.  They have a nice pool, playground equipment for the kids, a mobile repair shop on site and a really nice laundry area.  We have 50 amp, water, sewer, cable and wi-fi.  We paid more for it than we normally would at $37.75 a night with a 10% discount, but it's a convenient location and we are enjoying the amenities.

Our drive today was LONG, however we did see some beautiful scenery.  I am just going to include pictures I took along the way.  Other than traveling through the cities of Midland, Odessa, etc. that appear to be gas and oil communities we didn't see much else until shortly before we arrived in El Paso, well unless I missed something when I was napping!!  (I apologize for the glare from the window or any spots on the windshield).











Our site

The covered area with garage door is the mobile workshop, the covered building to its right is the swimming pool, indoor; and the brownish building is the office area.

Playground area for kids.

We plan to check out the City of El Paso tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have some neat things to share in tomorrow's post.  One thing I know for sure I want to find is a really good Mexican restaurant with homemade corn tortillas,  Yummm!








No comments:

Post a Comment