Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - Branson, MO

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 - Branson, MO

I woke up about 3:00 a.m.  After making a trip to the bathroom I laid in bed until about 4:15 and finally got up and made coffee.  I read my Bible while drinking my coffee and waiting for Dean to get up.  We want to be on the road as early as possible this morning.  We are headed to Branson, MO for a few days.  I had a hair appointment at 8:00 this morning, so I showered, and gathered up last minute things we needed to store in Bentley.  I was able to get everything put away before I left for Marla's - about 3 blocks away!

Dean was waiting to hookup when I pulled in the driveway so we got to it.  We were pulling out of the driveway at 9:21.

We always enjoy the drive into Branson coming down Hwy 65 from Springfield with the hills and valleys.



On our way into Treasure Lake Resort where we are staying there was this beautiful dogwood tree. They are everywhere down here right now.


We made good time to Branson and pulled into our site at 1:03 p.m.  It wasn't long until we were having a quick lunch.  After we had sometime to unwind a bit, we decided to take a drive around the resort just to refamiliarize ourselves with the layout.

Once we returned Dean watched a little TV and I took a short nap.  We decided to take a drive to the Table Rock Dam.  One of the SKP members we have met lives in that area and we decided to see if we could find her home.  We were not successful but we enjoyed the drive.  The lake seemed quite low to us.  We will be back in Branson next weekend, so we'll give her a call before hand and see if we can meet her for dinner on that trip.

We have plans each day while we are here, so check back in to see what we did.



No comments:

Post a Comment