Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Friday, April 15, 2016 to Sunday, April 17, 2016 - Branson, MO

I apologize for the lateness of this post.  I thought I would get it done while we were at Natural Falls State Park, but it just didn't happen.  I will have two posts today to bring us up to date once we left Natural Falls.  We are currently in Branson until May 1st.  We are back at Treasure Lake Resort until Wednesday then we will move to the Branson KOA for a Heartland Rally.  I'll try to keep up better during these last couple of weeks.

Friday, April 15, 2016
After we got around this morning we drove down to the Branson Landing.  We are looking for some new camp chairs.  No luck finding anything there, so we walked down through all of the shops and thought we would back track along the waterfront walking trail next to Taneycomo Lake.  That worked great until we got closer to the fountains at the center of the Landing shops.  The wind was blowing the water right toward us and we got a bit of a shower.  Not too bad but it was a bit chilly out so we ended up running a bit to get out of the way.  We walked up the stairs to the shop area and back to the car.

We noticed there were a few shops that have closed on the Landing.  They have added some smaller shops on the north side of the parking lot and only 3 or 4 of them have been opened at this time. There is also the addition of a "balloon ride" at the north end of the Landing where you can take a basket to the top for $12.95 per person to see the sights of the area.  We thought it was a bit steep but several people were lined up to take their turn.  (April 24 - we saw a $3 discount for this ride in some of the travel info around town).

After a quick stop at Countrymart for a few groceries, we headed back to Bentley for some lunch and to hang out until after dinner.  About 6:15 or so we headed up to the Club House here at Treasure Lake to listen to music with Brian Pendergrass.  He sang for approximtely 2 hours and a number of couples in attendance danced the two-step and the waltz, and both men and women were line dancing.  It was fun watching them.

We have company coming in tonight and they should be here soon.  When we left the music event, we drove over to the Welcome Center to wait for Donnie and Janie Allison who will be staying at one of the cabins here at Treasure Lake.  We were able to get their cabin right across from where we parked Bentley.  They arrived just a short time after we pulled in.  We headed back to Bentley and after they unloaded they came over for some cherry crisp.  We visited for about an hour.  They were tired from their drive and headed back to their cabin.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Donnie, Janie, Dean and I headed for breakfast about 7:15 or so.  We really like a little place just off of West 76 near Silver Dollar City called Billy Gail's.  Fortunately, we arrived early to find a spot to park. When we left, the waiting area was packed with people waiting for a table. The parking here is VERY limited, so we were glad we found a decent parking spot for our big old truck.

After breakfast we hit the Tanger Outlet Mall.  Janie had more success than me at finding something. Then we headed to the Branson Landing.  We walked the full length of the shopping, including through Bass Pro, then walked back to the car.  It gave me quite a few steps which has been a goal recently.  It was such a nice day, not too cold, not too warm.  For lunch we headed to Steak and Shake.  Dean and I really like this place, but even more when we got the lunch ticket and it was only $11 with ice tea to drink instead of just water.  We should eat here more often.

After lunch we came back to Donnie and Janie's cabin and visited for a few hours.  We decided we would try a new place for dinner tonight.  Branson's Center Stage Grille & Bar.  They have live country music here and it sounded like it might be fun.  It was a little overwhelming walking in and finding we had to walk through the music and bar area to get to the available seating in the back of the restaurant.  Our server came right away and took our drink and food order and that is where things begin to go south.  The tables next to us grew from 7 or 8 people to closer to 30+ and we were soon lost in the craziness of our waiter trying to keep up with them, while we fell to the bottom of the totem pole.

We were still happy in this picture!  HAHA  We did have a good time, despite the long wait!

This is the front of the restaurant where the music was.  It was very loud!

I think we all thought our meals were pretty good, once they finally arrived - almost 1.5 hours later.  Dean wasn't that happy with his, especially due to the amount of food he received.  We arrived around 6:15-6:30 and left after 8:00 p.m.  It was a bit ridiculous but it was what it was.  By then everyone was getting tired so back to Treasure Lake we headed.  Donnie soon discovered he had lost the key to their cabin somewhere and could not get into their room.  We called back to the Center Stage and sure enough they found them in the booth.  Probably all the squirming he was doing while waiting for well over an hour for our food to arrive.  We all drove back with him to pick up the keys.  By the time we returned we were all ready to turn in for the night.

Sunday, August 17, 2016

We had breakfast together at Cracker Barrel before Donnie & Janie left for home.  We enjoyed visiting for quite awhile through and after breakfast before heading back to Treasure Lake.  They soon had things packed and were ready to make the 5 hour drive back home where they were looking forward to spending the afternoon with their grandkids.

We hung around the RV the rest of the morning doing chores and I worked on getting the blog caught up from our trip to Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment