Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Thursday, April 14, 2016

April 14, 2016 - Branson, MO

April 14, 2016 - Branson, MO

What a slow morning it was.  Had our coffee, walked 2 miles then came back to eat breakfast before we got around.  By the time we were ready we had about 20 minutes to kill before we went to lunch. My Aunt Lil and Uncle Gary live about 45 minutes away in the Cedar Creek area near Bull Shoals Lake.  They were coming into town today to run some errands so we met them for lunch at Golden Corral.

It is across the street from the entrance to Treasure Lake Resort RV Park where we are staying so it wasn't too much of a drive - more of a drive from our RV site to the park entrance than anything!

I cannot believe I forgot to take a picture of them, or better yet to ask the waiter to take a picture of all of us together.  But Dean and I had a great time visiting with two very special people and we had a great meal as well.

Here's a picture I took of Dean as we were leaving to go have lunch.  I told him to turn around and smile.  Wasn't it nice he did that?  I don't think he expected me to get the picture in time!


Gary told Dean about Tool Town at the Branson Meadows Shopping Center so Dean wanted to check it out after lunch. While he didn't make a purchase he enjoyed looking around.  I stopped in to the Vanity Fair next door but I couldn't find anything either.  As we were leaving the Meadows, Dean noticed a leather store.  He is looking for a new case for his cell phone and he wanted to see what they might have.  While he looked there I walked next door to a craft store, hoping they might have a restroom before I started checking out the crafts.  I know more than made it to the first booth and Dean showed up.  I really didn't need anything so we left there and walked down to the Coleman Outlet Store.  While they had lots of stuff there wasn't anything that appealed to us enough to buy it. We were hoping they might have some outdoor chairs.  Our chairs are getting pretty worn and we've been on the lookout for some new ones but we are pretty picky about how they must sit, the height, how they are made, etc.  We may still be using these old chairs for a few more years searching for the "Perfect" chair.

We will be returning to Branson next weekend to spend a few days before a Heartland rally begins on Wednesday. We will return to Treasure Lake Resort for a few days and then we'll move to the Branson KOA RV Park.  We decided to go check out the location of the KOA so we would know what to expect.  It will be a big move for us ---- 4 or 5 miles from Treasure Lake.

We returned to Bentley and watched a little TV.  Since we had a large lunch, we decided to forego dinner and just have an ice cream.  About 7:30 we headed to Andy's and each of us got a yummy custard dessert.  I had a JAK-Hammer.  It had Heath bar and Oreo mixed into the custard, with a cylinder of hot fudge in the middle.  I ordered a small but when they brought it, it was in a large cup and looked more like a medium.  Dean thinks I actually got more ice cream than he did.  I let him finish it.  Even when I try to eat less they give me more.  Darn the luck!

I'm not sure what is in store for tomorrow.  Check back!


No comments:

Post a Comment