Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Saturday, July 4, 2015

April 30, 2015 - Thursday – Day 3 of Escapees Rally, Grove, OK


 

We decided to head for a walk an hour or so after we got up this morning and walked 2.7 miles.  We walked to the sidewalk outside of the RV park that parallels US Highway 59 and then walked from the RV Park to Sailboat Bridge and back.  We decided walking on the sidewalk was much easier on our bodies than across the graveled parking lots and somewhat bumpy trail we have taken here in the park.  It was a beautiful day and was beginning to get a little warm by the time we got back.  I think tomorrow shorts and t-shirts will be much more comfortable!

After getting things put away here, showers, etc. Dean headed out to visit with the group just a few RV’s down from us.  I finished getting ready and then joined him so we would be ready when they headed out for lunch.  Today the Region 17 Escapees Club (KS, OK, MO & AR) is paying for our lunch at the Rib Crib.  They began lining up at 10:45 so we could be there by 11:00.  The waiters at Rib Crib were waiting for us when we arrived and ushered us right to an area where we set together.  The food was great. The food has always been great and they have always taken good care of us as patrons.  It was no different this time.

Once we returned from lunch, I decided I’d catch up on the blog and Dean is reading material we received from Treasure Lake Resort in Branson, MO.  We are headed there next to spend Sat and Sun night.  We’ll head home Monday morning. 

 Our agenda for this month is getting pretty full.  I guess we don’t mind doing that because it seems we are always packing in lots of stuff in a short amount of time.  I’ve come to believe that is how I manage to get anything done because if I am not busy I let things slide too easily.  If I know I have to do it I always manage to get it done. 

 We are having friends over for dinner Wed. night.  On Saturday morning we will get up to leave early to be in Wichita for our grandson, Gideon’s birthday party.  He will be 6 years old and he wants a surprise birthday party.  We will get there early enough to help get things setup so when mom and dad return with him and his brothers we can “SURPRISE” him!  Looking forward to seeing his excitement! 

On Friday, May 15, Cindy and I will leave very, very early in the morning to be at the Joplin airport to catch a flight to Tampa, FL where we will spend the weekend with our step-brother Mike Carrell.    We are so excited and looking forward to this time with him.  Our flight home will leave the afternoon of May 18.  

On May 22 we will repack Bentley and head back to Wichita.  We will be picking up son Matt and family at the airport in Wichita at midnight for their visit with family for a few days.  We expect to enjoy some family time with the Peine boys and their families that weekend in Wichita.  On Monday, May 25 Dean, our two grandsons – Logan and Tucker and I, will take out for a 10 day trip to South Dakota, spending 5 of those days in the Mount Rushmore area.  All of us are excited about the trip.  I’ve been researching and talking to everyone I run into about ideas, and places not be missed, so I hope we have a great time planned for them.

Tonight our meal consisted of baked potatoes with ALL KINDS of fixings.  Since I am writing this over a month after, I cannot remember all of the toppings – but it did include all kinds of regular items, butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese and also all kinds of other things.  Wow it was so good.  I had never added BBQ meat to a baked potato but it was very, very good.

Following the baked potato buffet we had two desserts made by one of the host’s sisters.  One was bread pudding and that is what I wanted.  I cannot even remember what the other dessert was now but the bread pudding was absolutely wonderful - with caramel sauce.  Yummmm!

We ended the evening with another game of hand and foot.  What another great evening with new friends.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment