Monday, April 13, 2015
Well as I left you last night our intent was to head home this morning however plans change and you learn to go with the flow.
Dean was working outside and I inside when it started to rain - lightly at first, then a little harder until it was coming down pretty good. We were basically done except for checking the lights and getting one last chock once he pulled forward slightly - but the left flasher and blinker light was not working. We continued trying to figure out the problem until the rain just became too hard to stay out in it; so in the trailer we went, soaking wet. We had to get every towel we had to dry things off from the rain blowing in and all of the rain dripping from our rain jackets. We stayed in the RV with the wind rocking us to and fro for about an hour. It finally let up enough we moved out of our RV spot (as another group was moving in today) to the incoming parking area and then ran into the office in order to be somewhat comfortable. It looked like this would continue until 2 or 3 this afternoon. Even once it quit if we left, we would just be driving into it for a good part of the drive home. With the wind so gusty we made the decision to just stay another night and take out in the morning. While there is rain in the forecast tomorrow it is not nearly as heavy and it appears the wind will be quieted some. So here we are. We are now dry and comfortable. One nice thing about a home that moves with you.
We made a quick run to Wal-Mart as our food supply was a little low since we intended to be home today but found something to get us by.
By the way, Dean got the lights working so we are okay to go for tomorrow. I believe it was God's way of telling us to stay put for the time being. :)