Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Friday, April 10, 2015

March 18-21, 2015 - Air Capital RV Park, Wichita, KS

Dean and I spent a good part of the day on Tuesday, March 17 getting Bentley ready to make a trip west to see a couple of our boys and their families - and most importantly for this trip to meet our new granddaughter who was scheduled to arrive on Thursday morning the 19th.  Since we had just been out "camping" the weekend before you wouldn't think it would have taken us most of the day, but I did have quite a bit of laundry to do before we left - so I could only work between loads.

We got up early Wednesday (March 18) to have breakfast at our favorite local café here in Oswego - Tina's.  Anytime we eat breakfast somewhere else Dean is always comparing it to Tina's but has not found any place that measures up.  As always it was quite good.

We left Oswego about 9:42---- in the rain.  We are getting used to making the first day's travel in the rain, which is better than raining after we reach our destination.   We made the 156 mile drive in just under 3.5 hours.  We had to make a couple of stops on the way so with the rain we thought we did pretty well.

When we checked in at the RV Park the manager led us to our site and assisted Dean in backing in.  Since it was raining I was relieved I didn't have to get out there!  Fortunately, the temperatures are supposed to be much nicer later in the week and throughout the weekend. 

We really like this RV Park.  All sites are concrete, FHU with 50 amp service.  They are nicely spaced and level sites.  We have site #57.  This is a pretty new park and is close to many restaurants, a grocery store and fuel.

We got set up, slides out and then called our son - soon to be a new daddy to see if they had plans for the evening and if they wanted to have dinner.  They were game so we met them a couple of hours later at a pizza place they have been wanting to try out called Ziggy's.  We really enjoyed our Sanibel Island pizza - Canadian bacon, smoked bacon and pineapple. After dinner, Jarred and Andrea headed home to make sure all was in order to be at the hospital tomorrow by 4:00 a.m.  Next time we see them they will have their little Emerson Rose in their arms!

We returned to Bentley and watched a little TV.  Shortly before 10:00 p.m. several very loud bangs sounded one after the other; and then our TV went off.  We looked out and all of the lights in the park were out.  We decided that was a good time to head to bed.  About 20-30 minutes later the lights came back on and then promptly went out again.  Fortunately it was short lived, and it was back on for good.  We were soon sound asleep dreaming of meeting our new granddaughter!

Thursday, March 19

Introducing Emerson Rose Peine.  She is about 3.5 to 4 hours old in this picture.
Even though this is our 11th grandchild, being here for her birth was just as special as that of all of the others.  She is so sweet and just beautiful.  She weighed 9# 7oz. and was 20" long, arriving at 7:12 a.m.
Mom and Dad are over the top with their precious bundle.  We stayed at the hospital for awhile, then headed home to Bentley for some lunch and then ran a few errands.
We returned to the hospital mid-afternoon and visited with Andrea's parents and sister along with other visitors until our son Brett, his wife Renae and their children Dacy & Tucker showed up.  Since it was spring break they drove out to spend the night here in Wichita and to meet Miss Emerson.  After a quick chance for each of them to hold their new niece and cousin, we left to for dinner.  They will return tomorrow to spend more time with the new Mom and Dad and most importantly more "Emerson time". 
Friday, March 20, 2015
After breakfast this morning our son Heath and his wife Casey (who also live here in Wichita) came by the RV Park to help us out.  We recently sold our boat.  They purchased a small boat last summer so we brought them a few things we had on our boat we thought they might be able to use.  They have three boys who are in Oswego with their other grandparents for Spring Break, but we will get to see them before we head back home.
One of the errands we had to do yesterday was go by Lazy-boy here in Wichita to check on the loveseat we ordered when we were here in January.  It was in, but because it rained off and on yesterday we decided to put off picking it up until this morning.  Dean needed Heath to help him remove the hitch out of the truck before we went to pick it up and then to help carry the seat portion of the loveseat inside.  Fortunately the backs come off making it much easier.  It would have been difficult for me to help Dean with this chore.  We LOVE the new loveseat.  It is so comfortable compared to the chairs that came with our unit.  We are using the chairs in the grandkids playroom at home now.
We made plans to have dinner with Heath & Casey this evening.  After lunch we headed to the hospital.  Here are a couple of pictures of our son and our new granddaughter Emerson.  Jarred and Andrea are very proud new parents.  

We stayed at the hospital for a couple of hours and watched part of the WSU/Indiana game.   Shortly after half time we decided to head back and rest a bit before we meet Heath & Casey for dinner tonight.  It was also a great time for me to write some on the blog!
Saturday, March 21, 2015
We were up and around this morning as I wanted to stop in at Khol's before we went by the hospital.  I really needed some summer clothes and I hit the jackpot so was very pleased.  We made another stop at Cabela's to check out some hiking equipment, backpacks, walking sticks and shoes.  We didn't make any purchases today but we most likely will in the coming months.  We really enjoy hiking and hope to do a lot of it in the coming years.
Once we were done we headed to the hospital to find out that Emerson will be heading to her new home later today.  We took Jarred to lunch and had a nice visit with him.  We stayed and visited a while longer and then headed back to Bentley for the evening.
I plan to make us a nice salad with chicken for dinner and we are going to just chill out and watch some TV. 
Sunday, March 22, 2015
Today was a pretty laid back day and we didn't do much until the afternoon.  We went to son Heath's house this afternoon to visit with him, wife Casey and their three boys.  The boys have been in Oswego (leaving Wichita about the time we arrived from Oswego) due to spring break.  We wanted to be sure to see them for a bit before leaving.  We had a good visit and enjoyed our time with them.  They always have new things to share and tell us about. 
From Heath's we headed to Andrea's parents for a cook-out and to watch the KU-WSU basketball game.  As you know, WSU won which was a happy event for most all present.  While Dean and I are not huge KU fans we tend to root for them when they are playing.  It was a great evening with lots of good food.
Monday, March 23, 2015
After we got around this morning we headed over to see Emerson Rose one last time before we leave tomorrow.  She's just as sweet as ever.  Nana and Papa both had to hold her one more time until we see them the latter part of April.    We didn't do too much again today.  We will head home tomorrow morning.
So until the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment