Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Friday, April 18, 2014

Thursday, Apri 17, 2014 - Ft. Hood RV Park, Ft. Hood, Texas

Megan had to go in for a non-stress test her doctor wanted to do this morning at 10:00.  (By the way she passed this with flying colors- so no worries.)  Following that Matt & Megan had committed to attending a luncheon and advised they would be finished around 1:00 p.m.

As I've mentioned in earlier posts, Dean and I are looking for a small table to set between our recliners so we have a place for our coffee cups, phone or whatever other item might need to be laid beside us for awhile.  I mentioned this to the ladies at the Heartland Rally last week and someone suggested we go to Garden Ridge because they have tons of tables.  We were looking for something to do, so I Googled Garden Ridge and found there is one south of us near the Round Rock/Austin area, so off we go to check it out.  It was a very overcast morning today and it began to drizzle the closer we got to our destination, which was located in a very busy location (as in all kinds of exits, tiers of highways, etc.).  This is exactly the type of traffic Dean does not want to be in.  Fortunately, we were able to turn right off the road we were on into the Garden Ridge parking lot.

We must have looked at a hundred different tables but none of them were right.  They were either too big, too ugly (as in so poorly made I refused to pay even $25 for one) or too wobbly.  I think we have come to the conclusion that this is a job for "SuperDean" the builder!  I can have it special made, to my specifications.  With all of my add-in's - how long will it take? 

About noon we headed back to Killeen.  As we were coming upon IKEA, I mentioned I'd like to stop there.  Dean's head swung around and the look in his eyes was total fear - fear of traffic, fear of shopping or fear that I really meant it?  Well, I would really like to go to IKEA but I knew he had all of the traffic he could stand and we did need to get back so my response was - just kidding!  What a relief - you could see the look of fear be replaced with pure relief!!  I wish I could have captured his face on camera at my suggestion!

The bluebells along the highways are just stunning.  I tried to get some pictures but they did not turn out as good as I hoped due to the rain and the fact we were driving.  I will try to find an area where we can pull off the road and get some better shots, but just in case I will post the ones I took while returning to Killeen.



We decided we would grab something to eat when we got back to Killeen and were looking for some fast food when Matt called.  Dean told him we would find something to eat and then come on back - they suggested we just come over and have a sandwich at their house, so we did.  We visited for awhile and then decided to go see a movie, "Captain America."  Matt and Megan had seen it before but wanted to watch it again.  It was pretty good, as superhero movies go.  Dean and I decided to get a bucket of popcorn and two large drinks.  It's been awhile since we've gone to a show - and I can tell you, we would not get popcorn and drinks again - at least a large.  $19!!!!  That's almost as much as we have paid for most restaurant dinners (total for both of us) since we've been on the road.  This was a LONG movie - or maybe it was all of the previews (I didn't think they would ever end).  We arrived shortly before 3:00 and did not leave until after 5:30. 

Afterwards we went to Carolina Ale House for dinner.  I ordered fish tacos and Dean had fish and chips.  They were both very good.  CAH is a sports bar and their menu has a very nice selection to choose from.  It was our first time here and we will definitely visit one again.  Our food was brought to the table within 10 minutes or so of ordering.  We like that.

We returned to Matt & Megan's and watched another movie, "The Ugly Truth" with Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler.  It was a fun movie although I had a hard time staying awake.  I think I need to get up and move.  Sitting makes me tired! 

We headed home about 8:30 or so and I promptly went to bed!  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment