Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Monday, April 21, 2014 - Ft Hood RV Park, Ft. Hood, TX

We were pretty lazy first thing this morning - taking our time getting around.  It's nice to do this once in awhile.  After breakfast we headed to Copperas Cove to take care of laundry.  I do miss my washer and dryer very much but I console myself with the fact it only took me 1.5 hours to do 4 loads of laundry.  I was able to read emails in between time so accomplished two things at once.  We returned to Bentley about 11:30 or so.  Fixed a quick lunch of sandwiches.  After lunch I put up clothes and put clean sheets on the bed, while Dean did the few dishes we had. 

Dean called Matt to see what was on the agenda for the day.  They had just returned from the errands they had scheduled this morning.  Megan took another non-stress test and all was well with it.  As it stands now, if she does not go into labor on her own, she will call the hospital on Thursday and they will determine if she will come in sometime that day or on Friday, based on the number of patients they have at the time.  So we will meet Joshua this week!!

Matt suggested another game of golf so we headed to their house.  It was quite a bit warmer today but we had a really good game until Hole 8 and things began going to pot.  Not sure if it was the clouds that began to head our way and the threat of rain, the guy behind us who seemed put out we weren't going fast enough or we were just tired.  Every bunch of high weeds, ponds of water and sand traps seemed to reach up and grab our golf balls.  Dean and I still ended the game at the same score as our previous game, 50, but I think we would have definitely improved that if we'd continued to play like we did on the first 7 holes.  There was some rain later, but not at the golf course (or at least while we were there).

Following the golf game, Dean told Matt and Megan we would take them to dinner - their choice.  We originally were headed to Belton to eat at the Dead Fish Grill, a restaurant at Belton Lake overlooking the water.  Before we left Killeen Dean asked if they were sure it was open - some restaurants close on Monday's.  Megan Googled it - thank goodness she did - it WAS closed on Monday's.  I was intrigued by the name of this place, so was disappointed.  Hopefully we can give it a try before we leave.

After that selection failed to work out, they suggested Red's Corner Grill.  This is a neat little family sports restaurant.  We all chose either burgers or cheesesteak.  All of the food was excellent, and VERY filling so we passed on the ice cream that Matt had suggested we get afterwards.  Good idea!  Over the bar area they had REDS spelled out as follows:  Relax - Eat - Drink - Sports.  

We went back to Matt & Megan's for a while.  Dean and Matt either watched TV or visited  -  not sure which because I could not keep my eyes open and neither could Megan.  We headed home about 8 or so.  We watched the end of Dancing with the Stars when we got back and then I headed to bed. 

Matt and Megan both have to go back to work tomorrow, so Dean and I are headed to New Braunfels, TX to Camping World and to take in a little sight seeing.  If I'm lucky maybe he'll stop at IKEA on the way back!!!!!  Stay tuned for new adventures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment