Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 23, 2014 - Eight Days to Go

After our maiden voyage in Bentley to Bernice State Park, Bernice, OK two weeks ago we are anxiously looking forward to our month long trip in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Texas.  We will leave Oswego on Monday, March 31st for just a short trip of 60 miles or so where we will visit with my step-dad and his wife one day and my niece and her family the next.

We decided Bentley is pretty comfortable compared to our previous travel trailer at Grand Lake.  We think we'll enjoy traveling with our own things, our own bed and our own chairs! 

In the meantime we are busy, busy, busy with all of the preparation for being gone a month or so.  Today we made a trip to Pittsburg to see Dean's sister Marie, her husband Jerry, his sister-in-law Connie and her daughter Jessie.  Jerry and Connie were in a bowling tournament.  We had a nice visit and then had lunch together at Applebee's. 

After returning home, I began the task of pricing items for our annual spring city-wide garage sale that will be held on Saturday, May 3.  Since we will be gone until the day or two before the sale date, I am trying to be sure everything is ready by the time we leave.   WOW.  I still have a lot of things to price before the 31st! 

Tomorrow morning I will head to Kansas City to spend two days with my best friend from High School - Cheryel Cross Greene.  I'm looking forward to seeing her and just hanging out.  Unfortunately the weatherman is not cooperating as they are calling for a rain/snow mix.  Fortunately it is not supposed to be really bad just COLD.  I'm tired of cold.  Evidently Mother Nature did not hear that it is now spring - she can let Old Man Weather start his hibernation until next winter anytime!! 

One of our goals as we travel during April is to commit to a diet and exercise.  We hope to stay in campgrounds with walking trails that we can put to good use as well as some daily exercise in the trailer - or at least for me.  I hope to do a lot of our cooking - not only to keep calories in check but to also save some dollars - we can use those funds for excursions, etc. along the way.  I enjoy cooking so now have to prove that!  HAHA



No comments:

Post a Comment