Travels with Bentley

Travels with Bentley
Bentley - our Heartland Bighorn

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 1, 2014 - Indigo Sky Casino RV Park, Wyandotte, OK

The morning started early.  I could not wait until the clock showed 5:00 a.m.  I slept good but I was ready to get the day started.  Mornings are the best part of everyday!

We decided to get around and go into Seneca, MO for breakfast.  There were two cafe's right next to each other in the downtown area.  By the way, I have always loved Seneca's downtown area - several stores, including a bakery, flower/gift shop, dry cleaners, pizza place, 3 flea markets, etc.; with this neat little bridge over a very nice stream that cuts right through town.  Very old fashioned looking.  It always seems quite busy.  It seems cozy.

We decided on the first restaurant - Tammy's Diner, I think was the name of it.  Food was quite good but I could not wait to leave - unfortunately it wasn't until after we ordered our breakfast that we realized they permitted smoking and next thing I knew, it was all around us.  Since I'm still dealing with allergies I was not happy about this as smoke really irritates my sinuses.  Dean had ham & eggs, hash browns and toast for $5.00.  The ham took up over half of his plate.  Good deal!  I just had one egg and bacon.  Trying to be good!  We'll see how long it lasts.

While having breakfast, Dean drops a bomb on me.  After yesterday's events, he isn't sure he's going to enjoy the RV life as much as he first thought.  WHAT????!!!! 

I was STUNNED!  What did this mean?  We've made a huge investment!  We can always move Bentley back to Grand Lake but what about our trips around the US?  Our dreams?  I just looked at him!!!

A P R I L  F O O L S!!!!!!

Really - we both love it.  It's been interesting so far and it's going to be even more so as we move along.  I told Dean I had to pull an April's fool joke on someone - hope I to one of you!!

So back to the day's events.  After breakfast, it was too soon for a visit to the flea markets as they were not open, so we made a quick stop at the local grocery store (G&W - same as our local hometown grocery).  Needed a little milk and OJ (to go with our apple cider vinegar each morning).  We decided to hang around the trailer for awhile and I worked on yesterday's post.  After a quick lunch, we ran back to town and visited 2 of the 3 flea markets (one was not open on Tuesdays) but we were not successful with our search.  We are looking for a very narrow table that will sit between our recliners.  I need a place to set my coffee cup!  :)  This may be a difficult find.

We thought about stopping in the casino when we returned, but the deciding factor not to was the smoke we would have to put up with.  So we hung around the trailer until about 3:30-4:00.  Tonight we are going to Neosho, MO to see my niece, Melissa and her family - husband Tim; and daughters Hannah and Kennedy.  We also needed to make a stop at Wal-Mart.  I needed a couple of things for the trailer, a cartridge for the printer and a couple of grocery items (we didn't have any almonds and Dean must have those for an afternoon snack)! 

We met Melissa at their home about 5:30 so I could finally take the tour of her "new" home.  I was unable to go the weekend my sister's made a trip over soon after they moved into their new home.  I was surprised to find out that was almost 4 years ago.  Where does time go?    They have a beautiful home with lots of great spaces for everyone.  There are times I'd love to have some of that space but on the other hand I'd have to clean it.   Melissa is nearly finished with her last year of college majoring in elementary education.  Tim owns and operates Oak Ridge Pawn Shop in Neosho.  Very proud of them both!

NOTE:  My sister's Cindy (Melissa's mom), Crystal, Jody and I get together every Sunday except 5th Sunday's.  I have the first weekend, Cindy the 2nd, Crystal the 3rd and Jody the 4th.  We typically make a dessert to share and typically have a 2 hour visit.  After our mom died, we got into the habit of visiting our dad on Sunday afternoons.  After he died in 2008, we decided that we should keep getting together.  Family was a big deal to both our parents and we know they would be happy we do this!

From Melissa and Tim's we went to El Charro Mexican Restaurant in Neosho.  Great meal and Tim was kind enough to pay for our meal as well.  Thank you Tim and Melissa.  We really didn't visit for a free meal but we appreciate the hospitality!  

It was another great evening visiting with family. 

Tune in tomorrow for another adventure!  I forgot to take any pictures while we were at Indigo Sky but I promise tomorrow I'll have pictures to share with you tomorrow.

By the way we enjoyed our stay at Indigo Sky.  The park was clean, it was easy to get in and out of and the price was right at $10 per night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment